Saturday 10 November 2012

Stop

24 year old Nicki was getting her kids in to bed. 7 year old Marni, 4 year old twins Harry and Jacob.
"Good night sweeties" She kissed each of them on the forehead before heading out. She was wearing a denim.mini skirt, A black tank top, A denim jacket and black plimsoles. She walk a few blocks and down an ally way. She waited for 10 minutes till she saw a tall figure walking towards her.
"Are you Niahm" (Pronounced Neave)
"Yes"
"Lets go" She followed him round the corner and in through a gate. They went inside and straight inside and up stairs to a bedroom. As soon as they got in they started kissing. He pushed her down on to the bed and pulled off her jacket and tank top (She wasn't wearing any underwear) He played with her boobs a bit then lifted up her skirt, rolled on a condom and thrust it in to her. They were at it until he got bored after 43 minutes. He pulled out and Nicki got dressed. He handed her the money then kicked her out. She walked back to her flat. On the way she walked right into someone.
"Shit, sorry"
"Its alright" Nicki started walking again.
"Hey wait a sec"
"Yes" She spun around to face him.
"Do we know each other"
"Take your hood down" He took his hood down. He had short black curly hair, clean shaven and eyes you can get lost in forever. "Umm I don't think so"
"What one sec are you Nicki"
"Shh" She nodded her head. "Niahm is what I get called"
"Didn't we go to the same school"
"I dunno I dropped out when I was 16"
"Drake, you don't remember me"
"Umm don't think I do"
"Err let me think Nicki....Nicki....Nicki"
He said my name over a couple times. "We were lab partners and I spilt acid on you and you had to go home change cos there were holes in your clothes"
"Oh yer I remember you"
"So how you been"
"Coping, what bout you"
"Alright. No mean to be rude but how old are you"
"23, you"
"23, same as you"
"yer"
"so why you out so late"
"No reason, You"
"Needed some air"
"Oh, So you live round here"
"Yer, just moved into a flat" He pointed toward the building were Nicki lived.
"Really, I live there to"
"On your own"
"No"
"Who with? Your boyfriend?"
"No, I have 3 kids"
"Really?!"
"Yer..."
"When we were in high school you said you would wait till at least 30 to have kids"
"Did I"
"Yer"
"Well I guess I changed my mind" To be honest Nicki did want to wait till she was 30, but things happened and she couldn't bring her self to abort her kids. So she gave birth to them and looked after them as best she could.
"Yer" There was silence for a few seconds until Drake spoke. "Hey how about we hang out sometime"
"Yer that would be fun"
"How 'bout tomorrow at 11. Meet me in the lobby"
"Yer, where are we going"
"Uhh lunch, movie if you want"
"Yer, I'll meet you then"
"Alright, you wanna walk back with me or you going somewhere"
"No, I'll walk back with you"
"Alright" They both turned and walked towards there flats. 5 minutes later they were outside Nicki's apartment door.
"I'll see you tomorrow at 11 then"
"Yer"
"Ok, see ya then"
"See ya" Nicki unlocked her door and walked in. She went into 1 of the two bedrooms. She saw Marni, Jacob and Harry asleep. She smiled. She hated leaving them on there own at night, but she had to. At least she had Lauren across the hall from her that could keep an eye out. She quietly shut the door, went into her own room and snuggled down into her bed after changing out of her clothes so she was just wearing some boy shorts and baggy t-shirt.

"Mummy, mummy!" Jacob shook Nicki awake.
"Good morning sweetie, you all ready for school"
"Yup"
"Good, what time is it"
"Umm.....it says seven then two dots then a three and a nine"
"Good boy, your getting smart"
"I'm a smartie!" Jacob giggled.
"Yes you are. Now what do you want for breakfast"
"Umm....Pancakes!" Jacob through his hands in the air.
"Sorry Jay but there's no time, how about some lucky charms?"
"Ok" Jacob jumped of the bed and ran out. Nicki got out of bed and slipped on her slippers.
Marni jumped up in to Nicki's arms as she came out the bedroom.
"Good Morning Marni"
"Good morning mummy" Marni pulled away and went to the cupboard to make her self some breakfast. Nicki spotted Harry playing with his small toy car in a bowl.
"Morning Harry"
"Morning mummy" He continued playing with his car as Nicki made two bowls of cereal for Jacob and Harry since Marni had made her own. By the time they had finished it was time to go.
"You got you lunch"
"Yes mummy" All three of them said
"Good, now I'll see you after school when you come home"
"Ok"
"Love you" She kissed each one of there foreheads before she opened the door.
"Love you too mummy" The three of them said together.
"Come on" Nicki took them down the hall to her friends apartment, who also had 2 kids that went to the same school as Jacob, Harry and Marni. She would usually drop them off. The door opened. "Hey Candice"
"Hey Ni" They hugged. "You guys ready for school?"
"Yup"
"Good. Tyler! Kimberly!" She called. They came running to the door.
"Hello"
"Hello sweeties"
"Right lets go, I'll see you when I drop them off after school"
"Ok. Bye, love you"
"love you too mummy" with that they walked down the hall. Nicki turned back and walked towards her apartment door. She got changed and headed out.
A few hours later she came back with some money she . It was 10:17, so she decided to get ready. She took a shower and got dressed. She was wearing black skinny jeans, a white tank top and black boots.
She brushed and straightened her hair before putting her bracelet and necklace she always wore, back on. Then put on some black eyeliner, mascara and light pink lip gloss When she was ready she headed down to the lobby. It was 11:13, so Drake was already there. He was sat in a chair in the lobby, with his back to the elevator. He was wearing a jeans, a grey t-shirt with a brown checked shirt over the top and white all stars. Nicki tapped his shoulder. He sat up straight and turned his head.
"Oh, hey Nic. You scared me a bit"
"Hey, sorry"
"No its fine. You ready to go"
"Yup"
"Lets go then" Drake stood up and they walked out the door. "You wanna walk?"
"Yer, Its nice today"
"Alright" They talked as they walked to the restaurant. It took 10 minutes to walk there. "Here we are"
"Ooo Italian"
"You like Italian"
"Yes!" They walked in.
"Table for 2 please"
"Right this way sir, madame" They followed him to a table in the corner. There were only a few people there and they were all spread out, so there weren't people close to them. They sat down. "Would you like to order your drinks"
"You know what you want"
"Yer, I'll have a water please"
"Yes, and for you sir"
"Can I see the wine list"
"You may. I'll be on second" He turned and walked away, a few seconds later he came back with 2 big menus and a small one. "Here is the wine menu and these are the food menus" He passed Drake the wine menu and one of the food menus in front of him and the same to Nicki.
"Can I have that one please"
"Yes you may" He walked away then came back with a tray with a glass of water, a wine glass and a wine bottle on it. He set it down and put the water in front of Nicki.
"Thank you"
"Your welcome" He put down the wine glass and poured a little wine in it. Drake picked it up and took a sip.
"I'll have that one thank you" The waiter poured some more into the glass.
"I'll come back in a few minutes to take your orders"
"Ok, thank you" He nodded his head and walked away. Nicki picked up the menu and chose what she wanted and so did Drake. "So....How you been"
"Fine, what about you"
"Good"
"What movie we seeing"
"Umm.... I thought we could see Silent Hill: Revelation if your ok with you"
"Shit you like horrors"
"Yer, you"
"Yeah! But some are shitty, like you know whats gunna happen so its not that scary"
"I hate films like that"
"So what do you do for a job, cos I see you got some brands on you. Converse, Ralph Lauren, G-Star Raw"
"I own the Nandos just down the road from here"
"Oh, I've never been there"
"You should go it will help my business" They both laughed. "No really you should come sometime. You said in high school you really like fried chicken and we sell fried chicken stuff"
"I would but I don't really have the money"
"Don't you have a job"
"Well I wouldn't say it was a job..." Just then the waiter walked up to them.
"Are you ready to order"
"Yes, I'll have a margarita pizza" Nicki replied then looked to Drake.
"I'll have the meat feast please"
"Ok, your pizzas will be ready in 30 minutes" He nodded his head and walked away.
"So what do you do"
"Umm...I'd rather not talk about it"
"Oh that's alright I don't want you feeling awkward"
"Thanks. So what is this place called I didn't see the sign" Drake chuckled. "What?"
"It says it all over the place"
"It does?" Nicki looked around and realized how stupid she must have seemed. "Oh"
"Don't be embarrassed I've done it before"
"I'm not. I just feel blind"
"So you know where we are now"
"Yes, Pizza Express"
"Correct" There was silence for a few seconds. "So, What your kids called"
"Marni, she's 7. The twins Harry and Jacob who are 4"
"How old were you had Marni"
"16"
"Is that why you dropped out" Nicki nodded her head. Drake could see tears in her eyes. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you"
"I'm fine"
"You sure, Cos your eyes are telling me a different story" Drake saw a tear escape her eye. She looked down and tried wiping her tears away, but her tears kept falling. Drake felt his heart drop. He moved his chair round next to her. He placed his fingers underneath her chin and lifted her head up. Tears were streaming down her face and her eyes were red. She looked up into his eyes and he looked back in to hers. He lent forward till there lips where touching. They both the electricity gong through there bodies. Drake tilted his head to the side some more then started sucking lightly on Nicki's bottom lip. A few seconds later Drake pulled away. Her face was unreadable. "I'm sorry" Drake pulled his chair back over to his place across the table.
"It's fine. I've never been kissed like that before"
"Really?"
"Yea"
"Why what was different"
"It felt passionate like it meant something, unlike the ones I normally get...."
"So it was good"
"No, it was amazing" Nicki smiled. Her sadness was now replaced with happiness. Drake smiled back. They sat in silence for a few minutes. "Uhhh, when is this food coming I'm starving"
"Me too"
"I didn't have any breakfast this morning unless you call su...." Nicki stopped herself from saying any more. Drake wanted to know what she was going to say but didn't want to ask cos she would obviously be embarrassed.
"Well you better get something in your belly"
"What's your favorite color?"
"Umm...blue or brown. Is pink yours still"
"Yup" Drake noticed the necklace and bracelet she always wore in high school.
"Nicki"
"Yea"
"Can I ask you why you always were that necklace and bracelet?"
"Oh, umm...well my mum and dad died when I was 7 and my dad gave me this necklace and my mum gave me this bracelet, its all I have left of them" Drake could hear the sadness in her voice.
"I'm sorry I brought it up"
"Its ok" Just then the waiter arrived with there pizzas. "Mmm this looks yummy" Nicki said as he set the pizzas down.
"I hope you enjoy your meal" He nodded his head and turned away. Nicki took a bite out of her pizza and her face lit up instantly.
"Oh my god this is the best pizza I've ever tasted" Nicki almost shouted.
"Calm down Nic its only pizza" Drake said smiling at her excitement.
"Fine Mr.NoFun" She stuck her tongue out at him. They continued eating there pizza. 10 minutes later they finished. "That was amazing!"
"Good"
"Are we getting dessert"
"Not from here"
"Ok" a few minutes later the waiter came back.
"Are you finished"
"Yes, it was amazing"
"Great, I shall share your comment to the chefs"
"Ok"
"Would you like dessert"
"No thanks just the bill"
"As you wish" He cleared the table then brought the bill.
"Shit, I'm sorry Drake bu-"
"If its about not being able to pay is cool"
"Are you sure"
"Yes I'm sure"
"thank you Drake" she smiled at him as he put the money in the mini booklet.
"Here" Drake passed Nicki a mint they got with the bill.
"Thanks" Nicki put it in her mouth and so did Drake. They stood up and walked to the cinema.
Drake paid for the tickets then got some popcorn and drinks. They sat at the top. Half way through the movie Nicki was getting scared. There was a bang in the movie and Nicki jumped out her skin.
"I thought you liked horror films"
"I do, I like being scared"
"Oh alright then"
A few minutes passed and Nicki was getting even more scared.
"Drake"
"Yea"
"I'm really scared"
"You wanna go"
"No" Nicki lifted up the arm rest and scooted to Drakes side. He put his arm around her and continued watching the film. When the film finished it was 2:18 and they were outside Nicki's apartment. "You wanna come in for a bit"
"Yer sure" Nicki opened the door and went to sit on her couch. Drake was surprised how small her apartment was compared to his. Drake shut the door and sat next to Nicki. "Are Marni, Jacob and Harry at school"
"Yer they won't be back till about 3:30"
"Can I meet them"
"Yer sure" Nicki looked up at the clock. "Umm Drake..."
"Yer"
"I have to go and umm....get some money in half an hour, and I don't know how long I'll be so can you stay here until I come back?"
"Yer, sure. I ain't got nothing better to do"Drake smiled.
"Thank you" Nicki smiled back. "You wanna play a game"
"Sure"
"Hmm....lets play....truth or dare"
"Alright" Nicki turned her body so she was facing Drake.
"Truth or dare"
"I'll go for....truth" By the time it was time for Nicki to go they were only in there underwear. Drake was admiring Nickis body. Nicki got up and put on her clothes on.
"I have to but can you stay till I get back"
"Sure"
"Thanks, oh Candice might come drop the kids of from school so I'll tell her its ok to level them with you if I'm not back"
"Ok"
"See ya when I get back"
"See ya" Nicki and told Candice and Lauren about Drake then left to get her money. About half an hour later Drake heard a knock at the door. He got up and opened it. There were 5 kids and a young woman. He could tell these were Nickis kids, they looked a lot like her especially Marni.
"Hey, are you...."
"Drake yes"
"Good"
"Are you Candice or Lauren"
"Candice. If you have any problems just come knock on my door, it 16"
"Alright, I will"
"Come on kids. I'll see you when I see ya then"
"Yup see ya" Candice and her kids walked down the hall to there apartment. Drake and the kids went inside Nickis. "So you must be Marni"
"Yep"
"And you are Jacob or Harry"
"Jacob!" he jumped up.
"alright Jacob. So you must be Harry"
Harry looked up and nodded and went back to playing with his small toy that he was very attached to. "So havevyou guys got homework"
"I do" Marni said
"So does me and Harry"
"Do you need any help"
"No thanks" Marni and Jacob said together. They both sat down at the table and started the homework.
"Harry" He looked up.
"Can you go do your homework for me please" He shook his head. "What not"
"I wanna play with car"
"You can play with car after you've done your home" Drake said calmly.
"No! I play with car now!" He ran off into a corner.
"Harry, please"
"No!" Tears started falling down his face.
"I'm sorry, don't get upset" He picked up Harry. He started kicking and screaming. "Shhh calm down, I'm sorry. Don't scream"
"Get me down! I wanna play with car!" He screamed.
"You can pl-" Drake saw the door open then Nicki walked in and saw what was happening. She put her purse down and took Harry from Drake. "Nic, I'm sor-"
"Its fine, I'll be back in a minute" Nicki walked into her room. Drake sat down on the couch waiting for her to come out. A few seconds later Harry had stopped crying and Drake could hear Nicki comforting him. "Shhh, its ok baby.....he didn't mean to upset you.....good boy, don't bite....." Drake listened to Nickis soothing voice. He loved how calm and soft Nickis voice was. A few minutes later Nicki came back out with Harry sat on her hip. "Are you going to say your sorry to Drake for me" he nodded his head. Nicki put him down and he walked over to Drake.
"I'm sorry Drake"
"its alright little man"
"Ok"
"Are you going to do your homework now" He nodded and walked away to do his homework. Nicki sat down beside Drake. "So did you get yo-"
"Shhh"
"Sorry"
"Its fine"
"So how did you get him to calm down so quick"
"I umm....come with me. we'll be in my room if you need us" Nicki walked into her room followed by Drake who shut the door behind them. Drake sat on the edge of the bed next to Nicki.
"I haven't told anyone about this so can you not tell"
"I promise"
"Well....I...umm....stillbreastfeed"
"Sorry"
"I still breast feed Harry"
"That's nothing to be embarrassed about"
"I know but I don't like the fact I breast feed my 4 year old son"
"Its fine"
"I want to stop though but its hard"
"Don't worry I'll help you"
"Thank you"
"You only breast feed Harry still"
"Yer"
"Ok" They hugged
"Drake"
"Yer"
"Your really nice"
"Thank you"
"I really like you"
"what do you mean by that" Nicki pulled away and planted her lips on Drakes. She wrapped her arms around Drakes neck as he pulled onto hospital lap so she was straddling him. Nicki slipped her tounge in. After a few minutes of kissing Nicki pulled away and looked in to his eyes. "I really like you too" He smiled. Nicki smiled back. "Nicki, I need to tell you something you need to know"
"What is that"
"I am.single and you are more then very much welcome to change that" Nicki kissed his lips.
"I would love to" Nicki hugged Drake.
"Come on lets go see if your kids need anything"
"Wait one second I need to tell you something" Nicki got serious.
"I'm listening"
"Only Candice and Lauren know this"
"Yes"
"Well you know when you asked me what my job was and I didn't really want to say because its to embarrassing"
"Yes"
"Well....umm....I'm a.....prostitute" Nicki looked down feeling very embarrassed. Drake pulled her into a hug. He was surprised that she was a prostitute. He wanted to help her.
"Nicki, can you do something for me" Nicki looked in his eyes. "Can you stop and I'll give you a job at my restaurant"
Nicki nodded as tears ran down her face.
"Thank you" Drake wiped her tears away and kissed her lips.

No comments:

Post a Comment